CHICKEN TAJINE, FROM MOROCCO TO THE WORLD
The tajine is a dish that belongs to the gastronomy of Morocco, which derives its name from the pot in which it is prepared. A clay pot has a particular cone-shaped lid, and one of its characteristics is that it retains heat. You can make chicken, calf, or vegetable tagine, depending on the taste of each person.
The tajine, a pot or a plate?
The tajine recipe derives its name from the container in which it is prepared. It is a pot made of baked clay, which can keep food warm. This characteristic is because the shape of the container makes the lid fit perfectly, which allows the food to retain its flavor even more. When buying your tajine you must cure it to be able to use it. One of the easiest techniques is to spread a little cattle fat and leave it in the oven for a few minutes.
In that sense, the chicken tagine recipe maybe something new for some people who don't know much about Middle Eastern cuisine; but you will be surprised how easy it is to prepare. For this, you only need to have availability and the desire to learn. The tajine dish is very varied, but always with the characteristic that its cooking is slow. The chicken takes on the flavor of all the ingredients, which makes it even more palatable.
Ingredients that cannot be missing in your tajine.
To make your chicken tagine, you must remember that the main thing is that the chicken retains the most flavors that the other ingredients give it. That is why your tajine must have the most essential seasonings to give a good flavor; like paprika, garlic, parsley, coriander, and chili. It is also important that you add potatoes, carrots, and a little olive oil; This will make your tajine even more delicious. Starting from there, you can add more ingredients of your choice, which help you better preserve the flavors.
10 tips to make the best tajine in the world.
- Cut the chicken making small openings; this will make the flavor of the dressings permeate.
- One day before making your tajine, place the chicken (already minced) with the dressings and a little olive oil in a container with a lid. If you don't have olive oil, you can use whatever oil you have in your pantry.
- Take care that it is simmered to ensure that it does not overcook.
- It can be very useful if you apply a little garlic sauce and soy sauce, it is the secret of many!
- Try to keep the pot closed by avoiding opening it frequently.
- You must calculate well the amount of oil or water that you are going to add so that the tajine recipe does not turn into a broth.
- Keep in mind that mixing so many ingredients can make it a bit difficult for you to salt without going overboard, it would be better if you don't have enough.
- Similarly, if you are going to use spicy or vinegar, you should know that the amount to use should be small. But always respect your preferences.
- If you are going to include items such as oregano leaf or Spain celery, you have to place it on top a few minutes before turning off the heat. This is under how strong its flavors are; likewise, the pot of tajine will retain the flavor of both.
- Do not forget that, for the best seasoning, the vegetables should be as finely chopped as possible. But you can also help yourself with the spices that you like the most.